Tuesday, January 10, 2012







What continues hot is trolling the Narrows on Lake Chelan for big Lakers, trolling the lower basin of Lake Chelan for numbers of Lakers and pounding the lower net pen area on Rufus for Triploid Rainbows. In other words we are firmly into our mid to late winter fishing patterns. It is a great time to come and fish our area.

I’m going to break from normal format this week to express my gratitude. First, I want to thank all of our customers this year that came out and fished with us. Without their support and generosity, we wouldn’t be able to enjoy life here in the paradise of the Chelan Valley nearly as much. I also want to thank the many people from our Chelan Valley that have given me encouragement for the broader things that we try to do even though they aren’t anglers. A special thanks to KOZI radio for allowing me the “bully pulpit” to get our message out. During a very difficult year for repair issues, I want to thank Reed’s Marine for being “Johnny on the Spot” to repeatedly get me quickly back into operation.

Thanks to our guides Jeff Witkowski and Brian Whitney for working so hard at taking care of our customers and getting those fish to bite. The young kids that helped us out and made us look good, my eldest grandson, Tyler Wilson, fishing fanatic Ray Rhoads and Jaime Abarca, deserve our thanks. Thanks to my old friend, Mike Diefenbach for his annual assistance in making our instructional powerpoints new and interesting. Also, I need to thank our fishing buddy and friend Gary Gerhardt for all of his help in trying to bring us into the 21st Century crunching the numbers. Thanks to Noella Wyatt for her constant attention to our Web Site. All of our sponsors that include us in their pro-staff to help us operate more efficiently deserve our appreciation.

Of course, it goes without saying that my good friend and local legend, Al Brooks deserves a special thank you. His help has extracted me from so many pickles, I can’t even begin to list them. A friend that’s always there when there is trouble. Wow! How lucky I am.

Finally, I want to thank my wife for supporting me and this business. It is a difficult way to make a living and requires frequently putting the family needs on the back burner. She’s always there helping.

Ok.

Don’t forget to attend those Sportsman’s Shows. We’ll be at the Tri-Cities, Puyallup, Spokane and Yakima Shows. Stop by and say hi.

Anton Jones of Darrell & Dad's Family Guide Service
http://www.darrellanddads.com/
12-31-11 - Chris Walsh and Doug McKay of Seattle with their catch before the big one bit...